Saturday, March 31, 2012

Autel MaxiScan MS300 BEST DEAL!

Autel MaxiScan MS300 BEST DEAL!
perfect,,,price and quality,,,easy, cheap and help me i lot,,my frend got a 2000 dolar machine and was showing me the same code,,thanks amazon

Autel MaxiScan MS300 Good So Far.
2004 Chevy Tahoe

Just received reader an hour ago; saved me a $10 gas bill for a trip into town to Auto Zone or another parts store where they will run a test and print it out for free using a similar reader. So...reader has already half way paid for itself. Plus, if ever in a situation where you don't want to run the car anywhere because you don't know why your light went off, this $20 gizmo is not only a convenience,but could save you damaging your car by trying to limp it into the parts store or mechanic.

Pros:
-Unit very well backlighted as soon as you plug it in. This came in very handy as it was dark out and interior car lights would not be enough to read a typical LCD unlit display while standing outside your vehicle. Never would have thought about this feature unless I had needed it, so, make a note when shopping around that this unit and this company took the time to include this feature in one of their basic models, and I, now, personlaly recomend having a backlit unit.

-I knew I had two codes due to the last time I went to the parts store, but lost the list. The reader came up with the two codes without problems.

Cons:
- The wire is long enough to hold the unit and stand up outside the vehicle and read. With only about a 2.5 Foot cable, the reader can not be more than 3 feet from wherever your computer output is at. The unit is very well backlighted, but can not be read from an angle. It is not long enough to have it plugged in and read while using the Rear Passenger Door Window as a writing surface. Because this particular device relies on vehicle power instead of an internal battery, it must be plugged in while you are taking readings, and of course because of this, it is not equiped with a HOLD feature so you must be at your car to record codes. I wanted a cheap unit, and knew before I bought it that this would be the case, but, especially if I had a shorter car instead of my SUV, and if my computer plug in were further away, it would be a real pain. With the location of my computer plug on my vehicle, combined with an SUV height of the plug at around 3 feet from the ground, I was only slightly frustrated by the cable length of the reader, which required me to do a lot of back and forth manipulation for only 2 code reads.

-Were it not for the cabel length issue, I would rate this unit a solid 5. That being said, I bought this unit as my first OBDII reader, knowing that in the future this one would become a reliable backup. Since I am already whining, might as well state that this is a very simple reader with no frills or sophisticated options, so, as my car gets older and my hands get dirtier, I will be purchasing another reader with more options, but, for my aging vehicles first round of repairs, this should do just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment