Sunday, June 24, 2012

Autel MaxiScan MS300 Does the job very well. Have diagnosed and repaired 3 vehicles so far!

Autel MaxiScan MS300 Does the job very well. Have diagnosed and repaired 3 vehicles so far!
The title says it all. I bought this cheap OBDII scanner to check out what was wrong with my 1997 Subaru Legacy. The car had been having losses of power and stalling and what felt like misfires for a little while. I originally took my usual route and started swapping parts, which can get costly real quick. I replaced the spark plugs, plug wire, ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel filter and PCV valve. NO FIX!!!

After getting the scanner, I scanned, it took like 30 seconds and read the codes. I referred to the manual, then searched the code, description and model number on google. Read a couple forums and decided I needed to replace the MAF sensor and knock sensor. I found a used MAF sensor and bought it, $30 vs $300 at the store. I bought a new knock sensor, $10 vs $90 at the store. Voila! Every thing was running great on this 15 year old, 270000 mile beauty. I cleared the codes and they have been off for weeks! I then proceeded to check 2 other vehicles that were having problems and replaced what the code reader said was wrong and everything was correct.

On the Subaru, I spent about $400 on parts before I bought the scanner. Nothing helped. Paid $25 for this scanner, took 2 minutes to scan, spent ~$40 on parts and it was fixed. More than likely nothing else was wrong with the car and if I would have bought the scanner first I would have only spent about $65 instead of $465.

MONEY WELL SPENT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment